Are you in need of poetry test prep that is fun? This Jeopardy-style review game will help your 3rd and 4th graders get ready for any assessment. This game reviews all the elements of poetry reading comprehension. It is no prep and easy to use.
These questions cover the most common poetry TEKS on the 3rd and 4th grade Reading STAAR test. These standards are common among all states.
The categories include vocabulary, comprehension, structural elements, inferencing, and teacher’s choice. The questions are all rigorous questions that get more difficult as you increase in value.
There are 9 different poems. These poems are part of the public domain. They include:
- Caterpillar by Christina Rossetti
- A Riddle by Christina Rossetti
- Fog by Carl Sandburg
- Bed in Summer by Robert Louis Stevenson
- The Cow by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Eletelphony by Laura Richards
- Tumbling by Anonymous
- The Crocodile by Lewis Carroll
- If I Had but Two Little Wings by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
This test prep can be done as whole group with teams or this can be done in pairs on a computer. There is an answer sheet at the end that you can print for kids to work on individually as the other groups answer the questions.
The template is editable if you would like to change the questions.
I hope you enjoy this product!