Be prepared for any emergency with these no-prep, easy-to-use sub plans for 3rd and 4th grade. The True Story of the Three Little Pigs Substitute Plans is great to have when you need an unexpected day or two away from the class. Add them to your sub tub and you are ready to go! They are available in digitally also. They are fun for the kids but still involve higher-level thinking.
These sub plans are used with the story “The True Story of the Three Little Pigs” by Jon Scieszka. These activities can be copied and put in a folder for a substitute to use for 2 consecutive days with this one book. There are eleven activities to choose from while still doing your daily activities.
This can also be used by a teacher as a mini-unit that can be done over several days.
For 3rd, 4th, or 5th graders.
Sub Plans Features:
(2 days of activities)
- Substitute Planning Pages
- Summary Map- write problem, solution, setting, and characters. Write summary.
- Comparing Diagram- cut out statements and glue them under the correct section.
- The 3 little… Activity (like a Mad Lib activity)
- Persuasive Writing Activity- explain why the wolf is guilty or innocent
- Letter Writing-write an apology note to the pig.
- Word problems that go along with the book (2 different levels)- one and two-step word problems with multiplication, division, addition, subtraction, and elapsed time.
- Color by Number- multiplication, division, addition, and subtraction with regrouping.
- Reader’s Theater of the Wolf on Trial
- Word Search
- The Wolf’s Food Chain Passage and Comprehension Page
- Make a Food Chain
These sub plans are part of a bundle:
I hope you enjoy this unit!
Love Teaching Kids